You can add your own personal sermon notes along the way. When you're finished, you'll be able to email or download your notes.
The Mystery of Godly Living Series
Mysterious Life of a Daring Deliverer
So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend.– Exodus 33:11 Introduction:What is Worship? What is Praise?Do you have a heart for worship?You will never lead or even enjoy public worship until you live private worship
Scripture here: Exodus 33:7-23
I. Craving The Presence of God (vs 7-10)A. The Place of Worship - The Meeting Tent1. Their Posture2. Their Praise B. The Presence of God in their Worship - The Pillar of Cloud Came down while the Lord SpokeC. The People - Each person at the entrance of his own tent . . . worship in the home.
II. Cultivating a Partnership with God (vs 11-17)A. God Explains His Relationship 1. God Spoke to Moses2. They Spoke Face to Face3. They spoke as friends – Prov 17:17; 18:24; 27:17; James 2:23; John 15:13; John 15:144.
4. What Kind of Friendship did God and Moses Share? – FIVE TYPES OF FRIENDSHIPS a. Acquaintance – someone you know b. Associate – a professional relationship c. Colleague – coworker, collaborator or partner d. Best Friend – special friendship … share events together e. Comrade – close friendship … only 1 or 2 in your lifetimeB. God Enlarges the Relationship 1. Moses abandons His control and confesses that he is inadequate to do the job2. Moses asks God to stay with him3. God Promises Moses Victory . . . C. God Exalts the Relationship 1. God meets Moses' request and expectation2. God knows Moses very well3. God expresses HIS Favor with Moses
III. Capturing the Power of God (18-23; 34:6-10)A. Power Seen in HIS Glory (v 19-20)B. Power Experienced through HIS Glory (v 20)C. Protection Expressed through HIS Glory (vs 21-23)C. God Speaks through His Glory (34: 6-7)D. Moses responds to God's Glory by bowing in worship
Principles from this Lesson:
1) In craving the Presence of God we can find the assurance of healthy communication with God.
2) In cultivating a Partnership with God we find companionship in worship.
3) In capturing the Power of God we find success. A. God’s calling on Moses B. God’s commitment to Moses C. God’s covenant with Moses
4) Through worship of Jehovah, we learn to cherish the law of the Lord.
5) When God’s spirit falls on someone – they hear his voice and obey.
6) God speaks through His Glory (34:6-7).
7) When we experience His Glory our response will ALWAYS be face-down worship.