Christian Life University
Ever feel like there is a topic that you wish you could learn more about? Something that you wish you could just dig into more? Our Wednesday Nights are built just for that! We have four sessions of Christian Life University (CLU) classes each year — two in the fall and two in the spring. Each time we have totally different classes to choose from. It's all about equipping you with the tools you need to live a more victorious and vibrant Christian life.
Spring Session begins
Wednesday, March 21 @ 6pm
For Women Only -- What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men
Led by Cookie Hays
The man in your life carries important feelings so deep inside he barely knows they’re there, much less how to talk about them. Yet your man genuinely wants you to “get” him—to understand his inner life, to know his fears and needs, to hear what he wishes he could tell you.
In her landmark bestseller, For Women Only, Shaunti Feldhahn reveals what every woman—single or married—needs to know. Based on rigorous research with thousands of men, Shaunti delivers one eye-opening revelation after another, including:
• Why your respect means more to him than your love.
• How he feels deep inside about his role as provider.
• What it means for a man to be so visually “wired.”
• Why sex for him is primarily emotional, not physical.
• What he most wishes he could say to you.
Now, in this expanded and updated edition, you’ll find insights from the latest brain research plus an all-new chapter that shows what’s really going on when he seems to “check out.” (You’ll be surprised and pleased.)
Millions worldwide have experienced dramatic change in their relationships because of the “aha” moments and practical ideas in this little book. Discover how to love your man for who he really is.
Christ-Centered Parenting -- Gospel Conversations on Complex Cultural Issues
Led by Jeff & Jennifer Eck
Do you ever feel ill equipped to talk about the cultural issues of our day? Designed to help you lead your children and teens in a confident and responsible way, this 6-session resource will equip you to address pressing cultural topics which children of all ages, from preschoolers through young adults, face, including:
- Gender issues
- Suicide, depression, and anxiety
- Addiction and coping mechanisms
- Same-sex marriage
- Singleness, dating, marriage, and divorce
Give your kids a biblical worldview that will produce the next generation of culture shapers—not simply the next generation shaped by their culture.
Friendship (Men’s study) -- Transform Through Strong Relationships
Led by Richard Sumner & Trevor Green
Friendship: Transform Through Strong Relationships is a men's Bible study by Kenny Luck. God’s Word is clear about the importance of godly friendships — and how God designs them to complete us spiritually. If you ever hope to win the battles you face in your spiritual journey, you must be connected to godly men. The problem is that many men today act as if they don’t need friends — and they’re paying the price. Risking relationships is not easy for men, but it’s non-negotiable for God’s man. When you stand with others who share your spiritual goals, you achieve them faster. That’s God’s way. Godly friendships create consistency, provide care and support, stimulate healthy confession, produce new connections, and make you complete in Christ. They produce positive changes in your character, convictions, conduct, and commitment to do life God’s way.
- Learn how to build and benefit from friendships with godly men.
- Practical studies—facilitate personal encounters with God and other men
- Counters the effects of isolation in the lives of men
- Helps men in the crucial area of building strong relationships—an area of deficiency for many men
This class will also be offered on Monday mornings at 6am starting March 26th. The Monday morning class will be led by Charlie Puckett and Rich Ormsby.
The Beginning: First Steps for New Disciples
Beginning Wednesday, March 21, 6pm
Led by Jud Hays
Cost of Workbook: $6
The Beginning is a Bible study for new disciples of Christ that introduces the basic practices and elements of the faith. This resource includes discussion questions and group exercises every week to reinforce the primary teaching points of each topic. Individual study and out-of-group activities have all been crafted with a new believer’s spiritual maturity and commitment level in mind. These optional activities include but are not limited to reading plans, prayer exercises, personal study, and journaling.
- What Just Happened to Me? (Basics of salvation and what it means to live as a follower of Jesus.)
- The Centrality of Christ (Forming a Christian worldview around the person and work of Jesus.)
- Time with Jesus (The disciplines of prayer and Scripture reading.)
- The Church (Basic understanding of community in the context of the local and universal church.)
- The Mission (Introduction to our mission and responsibilities in the world as followers of Christ.)
All costs are optional.
Please do not allow this to keep you from participating.