The Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the basis of any statement of faith. We subscribe to the doctrinal statement of The Baptist Faith and Message as an accurate summary of major doctrines of the Christian faith. Below is an abbreviated summary of the major doctrines that we teach at FBCMJ.
- God- We believe that there is one God who exists in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus - We believe that Jesus is the Son of God, was born of a virgin, was wholly God and wholly man, lived a sinless life, died in our place as a sacrifice for the sins of mankind, was buried, arose bodily from the grave, and ascended into heaven.
- The Second Coming - We believe that Jesus Christ will literally return to earth.
- Holy Spirit - We believe that God the Holy Spirit is active in convincing unbelievers of their need for salvation, and is the comforter and guide who lives in every believer.
- The Bible - We believe the Bible is the Word of God without any error, the sole authority for life and faith.
- Man - We believe that man is a special creation of God, made in His image, but that through the sin of the first man, Adam, mankind fell so that all men are sinners and need salvation.
- Salvation - We believe that salvation is a gift received through repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ.
- Eternal Security - We believe that every person who is truly saved is eternally secure in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Eternity - We believe that those persons whose sins are forgiven through faith in Jesus spend eternity in heaven and those persons who die in their sins without trusting Jesus spend eternity in hell.
- Baptism - We believe that water baptism is an act of obedience to the command of Jesus and is by immersion after salvation.