How do I become a member of FBCMJ?
All members must testify to a true salvation experience. You must:
- Acknowledge that your sin separates you from God. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23
- Believe (trust) that Jesus Christ died and rose again to pay for your sins. “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
- Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, and turn from your sin to Him. “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
A person may become a member of FBCMJ in one of the following ways:
- Persons are received as members by baptism upon a public profession of faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior.
- Persons are received as members by transfer of membership from another Baptist church of like faith and order. We contact our sister church requesting your church letter.
- Persons are received as members by testimony of a salvation experience and statement of previous baptism by immersion.
Whether you are already a member or not, please feel free to ask any questions you may have about any matter of membership.
Every new adult member of this church who has not previously attended this class, as well any guest interested in discovering what membership in FBCMJ is all about, is invited to participate. This class will orient you to the beliefs, values and practices of First Baptist, Mt. Juliet.
The next membership class will begin Sunday, January 13. You may choose to attend at 9:00 a.m. or 10:30 a.m.